Android has an autocorrect feature which can be both good and bad. It can save you an embarrassing typo or completely reverse your post and change the meaning. Here we will tell you how to turn off AutoCorrect. Gboard on your phone so you don’t send an inappropriate message to a family member or anyone else.
How to turn off autocorrect on Android
You can easily turn off this feature from your settings. Android. But if you want, you can turn it back on too easily. We will also tell you about some tips related to the AutoCorrect feature as a bonus.
Steps to turn off autocorrect on Gboard
1. Open your phone and go to the Settings> System> Language & input> Virtual keyboard> Gboard.
2. Here you will find many settings related to Gboard which is your phone’s default keypad.
3. Select Text correction and scroll down to you will find the Auto correction in the Corrections section.
4. It will be enabled by default, which you can switch off using the toggle.
5. Once disabled, you can return to the messaging app and continue with what you are doing without worrying about autocorrect.
If you think the Gboard is not working the way you want it to be, you can install a third-party keyboard app on your phone. All keyboards have their own autocorrect feature, so you may like the one with a third-party keyboard.
Gboard bonuses and tips
Here are some other tips and tricks you can use on Gboard to improve your typing experience:
- Cancel automatic correction: If you still want to use autocorrect, you can enable this feature and below you will see “Cancel the automatic correction in backtracking”, activate the toggle next to it.
- Auto space after punctuation: You can also use this feature if you are using US English as the language of Gboard. It will insert a space after the punctuation.
- Self-funded: Activate this option to capitalize the first word of each sentence.
This is how you can turn off the auto-correction feature in Gboard on your Android smartphone. You can enable it if you want with the same settings and using the toggle.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse the Youtube channel.